Silica Earth Silica + Beneficial Microbes
Silica + Beneficial Microbes
Silica Earth Volcanic Silica Minerals are now formulated with a proprietary blend of four distinct species of bacillus bacteria and four species of endo-mycorrhizae. This unique combination of micro-minerals and microbes is the foundation for any discerning grower.
Approved for Organic Agriculture.
This powerhouse blend helps increase plant growth, improve cellular strength and protect against heat stress, drought, pests and disease. Mycorrhizae have a symbiotic association between plant roots and fungi. Their major role is to enhance nutrient and water uptake by the host plant by exploiting a larger volume of soil than roots alone can do.
How It Works
Silica Earth Volcanic Silica Minerals + Microbes works great as a dry mineral additive for soil, coco, rockwool substrate applications, AND for mixing with liquid nutrients, compost tea and foliar. (*safe to use on or near plant roots.) Use according to manufacturer's recommendations.
Why Add Microbes?
The web of life depends on microorganisms, a vast network of small and unseen allies that permeate the soil, water, and air of our planet. For people who work with plants, the greatest interest in microorganisms is in the complex communities that are part of the soil. Beneficial microorganisms are naturally occurring bacteria, fungi, and other microbes that play a crucial role in plant productivity and health. Two types of beneficial microorganisms, mycorrhizal fungi and nitrogen-fixing bacteria are considered beneficial to plant health.
Their major role is to enhance nutrient and water uptake through the symbiotic relationship of plant roots within the rhizosphere.
Silica Earth: The Missing Element
1. Silica Earth is the only OMRI and OIM registered dry silica product (45+% SIO2) on the market that is naturally micronized down to 2-4 microns.
2. Silica Earth also includes Calcium, Magnesium and all the required trace elements necessary for healthy plant growth.
3. Silica Earth is the only volcanically derived natural form of Silicon Dioxide available, also containing .45% monosilicic acid.
4. Most other silica products are either potassium silicates or chemically derived liquid form. Monosilicic acid is the only form of SiO2 the plant roots can uptake. Potassium silicate is best used as a foliar and does not replace SiO2.
5. Most new products are liquid, which means you are paying for mostly water! Silica Earth is Ideal for soil AND liquid applications, applied early and often for great results.
6. Our new material is completely powdered, water soluble and wettable.
7. We are the first to include mineral solubilizing microbes which break down the (already small) minerals for rapid plant utilization.
8. Developed by Growers for Growers. Described as a 'game-changer' at our farm for solving all kinds of issues including damage from pests and disease.
Micronized vs Granular
Micronized: Better for Hydroponic applications and is water soluable. The material is soft and doesn't clump. Our micronized minerals are between 2-4 microns so it won't clog up your equipment!
Granular: Best in soil applications. Add directly to roots or just sprinkle on top of your soil and scratch it in. Easy as that!